Sharpshooters vs Armour ?

Originally posted by Agentorange:

Just curious, if I order a sharpshooter to open fire on a unbuttoned tank ( or other armour )does it just blaze away at the vehicle, or does it do the sensible thing and try and pick off exposed commanders and so on ?

The latter. And if he hits the TC, the tank is likely to be pretty ineffectve for the rest of the game. Even if the sharpshooter just forces the vehicle to button up, that too reduces its effectiveness.

Michael

Agen,

I think that sharpshooters target the vehicle commander.

Three things can happen: nothing (not too frequent), blow the commander's ears off (sometimes & great), or button vehicle (frequently & good enough). :eek: :eek:

Cheers, Richard :D

I recall on at least one occasion when a tank of mine took a casualty, buttoned up, and was shocked for the rest of the game. I must have replayed that part of the turn a dozen times trying to find out what did that. There was no yellow line or anything. I strongly suspect that it was the work of a sharpshooter though I never did see one.

Michael

My best sharpshooter vs. tank story (which I repeat endlessly to anyone who will listen) is killing a Hotchkiss with a sharpshooter.

At first I couldn't figure out how I did it. Then I worked it out. It's a two man vehicle, so the TC is also the gunner and loader. Kill the TC and there's nobody left but the driver. He can't both drive, load, and shoot, so he abandoned.

So, if you see an unbuttoned Hotchkiss, point your sharpshooters at it!