Sunken Lane

Hi all,

Yesterday me and a friend played Sunken Lane on my LAN. Although I knew about the scenario from Fionns AAR against Hardenberger, I never played before. I honestly think it is very likely the best scenario I've played in CM. Everything is perfectly balanced, it's realistic (the OoB's), the terrain is really great looking and the suspense just never ceases.

I would like to hear whether anyone knows about scenarios similar to this one out there for more network gaming?

/CS

I played as the germans (of course) and I won a smashing victory. I killed all but two of the british tanks and inflicted massive casualties to his infantry. The terrain was just perfect for hit and run tactics.

I admit the arrival of the 3 kp probably tilted the game in my favor, as my line was wavering we they arrived. The sMG's were pulling back on their own initiative, mortars completely out of ammo etc. As usual I expended the 120 mortar FO's too soon in the game. I generally find that it pays to wait before committing the arty FO's. I know a prevalent school of thought claims the most efficient use of artillery is disrupting the enemy advance, but I find it's also a good idea to wait until the enemy focal point is totally clear, ANd he's engaged beyond quick withdrawal, and THEN let the arty rip. But this demands you use it really close to your own troops, and that can sometime cost troops by stray impacts...

Oh, well. I won wink.gif

/CS