Carenten Op: AI No Play Bug???? Help!

lparkh

Enjoying Carentan as far as I got with Germans but I have a significant problem! On battle 2 (night) I counter attacked and retook all the major villages/towns where I had started in battle 1. In battle 3 (day) I set and wait for allied attack. IT NEVER CAME!!! I never even saw an enemy unit.

Two problems:

1) I'm reluctant to reset up my units for another battle where the opponent (AI) may never show up) and

2) for some mysterious reason I was reset out of the villages in setup for 4th battle.

Only explanations I can think of so far:

1) I hurt the AI so badly it won't ever attack or

2) Maybe I was close enough to allied map board that program was trying to set them up offscreen and got confused? (there was room for them though).

Quite frustrating as I want to play this out but can't!

Thanks for any help?

CARENTAN SPOILER ****************************

(****************

As Wild Bill can attest, the one OPeration setting which is very important to deal with properly is the No Man's Land setting in the Parameters for an Operation. In Carentan that is set to be rather large so that is why your units were displaced out of the towns you possesed on your current battle. This setting is there to help establish a neutral buffer between forces after each battles but IMHO I think a low setting (under 100 meters) seems to work best.

As to why you didnt encounter any allied forces in battle two you need to realize that it is a HUGE map and with only 20 turns and a terrain enhibiting map like that it is not surprising to have two forces not bump into each other.

I have looked at the Allied troops disposition for battles 4 and on and my reccomendation would be for you to go ahead and play the next battle. I think you you will find enough enemy to tangle with.

Madmatt

• 4 weeks later...

> 2) for some mysterious reason I was reset > out of the villages in setup for 4th

> battle.Only explanations I can think of so > far:1) I hurt the AI so badly it won't

> ever attack or

One more explanation. You did not defend the entire map, only the easy places like the towns, and the AI just snuck right past you and surrounded your guys without you even seeing them. On such a large map, you have to spread your guys out so they can spot everywhere, not just along the roads and in the towns.

p.