please help me be good at CMBB

Ive had this game for about a month now. I BLOW. I rarely play it because i am always pissed off at it. I realise how sweet of a game it is ( and can be when your good at it)any basic offensive/defensive tactics would be appreciated. Especially infantry tactics. I just dont know what the hell I am doing with my infantry.

thanks dudes smile.gif

My advice: Order the CMBB Strategy Guide

Or: read all THESE topics/threats about CM tactics :D

Edit: the CM tactic topics are about CMBO but will give you a good portion of strategy info also usable for CMBB.

Monty

[ December 22, 2002, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: Monty ]

The nice thing about CMBB (and CMBO for that matter) is that in order to get a *satisfactory* result, you have to employ a good dose of tactics, common sense and sometimes pray for luck to intervene.

Much of it is basic common sense. Keep infantry under cover in woods, scattered trees, use smoke from mortars or tanks or artillery to cover their movements over open ground, have overwatch positions for the heavy machine guns and mortars for suppression fire on enemy positions.

Like many things, practice makes perfect and I suggest you keep plugging at it. Try generating small battles on the QB and play as attackers exclusively to get your chops together.

Danny

Originally posted by KingPin:

Ive had this game for about a month now. I BLOW. I rarely play it because i am always pissed off at it. I realise how sweet of a game it is ( and can be when your good at it)any basic offensive/defensive tactics would be appreciated. Especially infantry tactics. I just dont know what the hell I am doing with my infantry.

thanks dudes smile.gif

Practice, practice, practice. If you want put together an infantry heavy QB, and send me the setup PBEM . Playing against a human opponent is much more fun, and we can critique each other as we go along. Ive been playing for a bout six months and I suck at it as well. Misery loves comapny, we can help each other out. Email is in profile.

Pssst, hey kid. C'mere, look now here's the thing. You gotcher high level strategy stuff, like looking over the terrain, figuring out the strategic positions that command the field or VP areas, then ya gotcher low level tactical situation, all going on at the same time. At the high level, ya do yer planning and hope for the best. At the low level, use a lot of level 1 camera views. Put yerself in the shoes of the troops your ordering around at that high level.

At the high level it might look perfectly logical to take that stand of trees over there by racing across the seemingly short little open space, but when you zoom in to level one, you notice that just to the left side of that open space is a ditch which runs along a brush area and goes near the stand of trees. (Pay attention kid, now looky here, it ain't on the monitor, it's an example).

Okay, so to the lil feller at zoom level 1, it all of a sudden becomes clear that the safer route to the stand of trees may be longer, but in the ditch there is cover. So, you change your order to have them follow the ditch and sneak rather than bolt upright and charge out into the open and risk exposure to an unknown enemy.

Always put yourself in the shoes of the lil fellers your commanding, and always adopt the principle that as one of them lil fellers you could care less what the big feller behind the keyboard says, your just trying to stay alive.

You do that, you'll be awite.

[ December 22, 2002, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]