Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Oh, Tannenbaum...

I got a question regarding trees in snowy conditions. In a current PBEM set in November '42 with snow I get a beautiful white scenery with 'autumn trees'. It looks kind of strange when on the white plains you see beautiful 'indian summer type' trees in red and gold.

Even with the 'blizzard' setting I still got no 'snowy' trees. When I changed the date to December I finally got the winter version of the trees.

So, are the type of tree models tied to the month? I think it would be more reasonable if they were tied to the weather conditions, with the winter trees being used whenever you choose snow or blizzard conditions.

I remember something along those lines happening over here a coupla years ago.. it was fall, Thanksgiving, I believe, and most of the trees still had some leaves on, and the snow started coming down like nobody's business (god that's a loaded term). Anyway, I was young, and can only remember running out into the snow and ruining my formal little kid clothes. And didn't Matt say something about all the conditions in 'BB being randomized, so you could do, literally, anything? Why mess with a treemod when you've got something purdy and confusing!?