need help - need map of french town/area

I need your help,

Where can I get a good online map of Châteaudun?

I only have an "analgoue" (paper) map of Nord-Ouest France 1:250 000 / 1:500 000. I need something more detailed, obviously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't have to be a historic map, a contemporary map would be okay too (bike tour map etc) as long as it shows the area around Chateaudun with sufficient detail.

hi M . Hofbauer...i tried to send you this info when i sen your request on the Missing Lynx forum..if you already got this info ...sorry ..but your email did not work when i sent it.

According to Tigers in Combat I

19..05.44- Thw 5 KT are not combat ready.Considerations given to either send them back to Germany or destroy them.

15.07.44- The KT are deleted from the inventory of Pz Lehr Div. , crews assigned to 1./PzAbt 302(FkL).The unit is redeployed to REIMS and established with new Stugs.After several wanderings on railway the TIGERS make it to the southern part of the Department of EURE-ET-LOIRE (France)

13.08.44-The five tanks arrive in CHATEAUDUN.the are deployed within the city defence against the approaching US ARMY. Tiger no. "10" is positioned NW at the N155 , "13" stands in the west near N827 , "12" is in position at the junction of N10/N824. The 2 remaining Tiger II tanks "02" and "11" cover the river LOIRE to the North at the Place le Mail.

15.08.44- A scout patrol from the 3rd Armoured Cavalry Regiment approching from MONTIGNY-LE-GANELLON runs into tank"12". The crew of the 3 vehicles are captured by the german infantry.using the coax mg , 1 Jeep and 1 M8 are stopped. Later "12" retreats to the RUE DE VARIZE.

16.08.44-Tiger "13" is being shelled by US artillery fire without effect.Tank "12" fires several rounds with the main gun to bringing an enemy advance to a standstill. In the evening tank "10" leaves its position tojoin Tiger "02" and "11" at LA MAIL.

17.08.44-During the night tanks "12" and "13" are left behind by their crews. "12" is set on fire. The other 3 tanks drive to the Boulevard Kellermann at approx. 0300hrs. Arrivin gthere Tiger "11" breaks down and is left behind. The other two tanks take the N155 to the east and get to VARIZE in the following night.Tiger "10" then breaks down and is retreived a short dostance by "02"

18.08.44- At approx. 2000hrs Tiger "10" is blown up. "02" continues to make its way towards JANVILLE. Shortly before TOURY the tank suddenly takes a sharp turn to the left ( final drive damage?) , runs over a tree and comes to a stop. Abandoned later by its crew.

from Funklenkpanzer we find the the 5 KTs that were released to the unit were never cleared by Henschel for field use. Chassie numbers ran from 280001-280005 .

There is no evidence ( AFAIK ) that the KTs were used to command the remote tanks. The FkL unit did use the remotes when they were equipped with the Stugs though..several actions..but most of the Stugs suffered battle damage and the company commander was killed.

Hope this is of some help

Måkjager

hi M . Hofbauer...i tried to send you this info when i sen your request on the Missing Lynx forum..if you already got this info ...sorry ..but your email did not work when i sent it.

According to Tigers in Combat I

19..05.44- Thw 5 KT are not combat ready.Considerations given to either send them back to Germany or destroy them.

15.07.44- The KT are deleted from the inventory of Pz Lehr Div. , crews assigned to 1./PzAbt 302(FkL).The unit is redeployed to REIMS and established with new Stugs.After several wanderings on railway the TIGERS make it to the southern part of the Department of EURE-ET-LOIRE (France)

13.08.44-The five tanks arrive in CHATEAUDUN.the are deployed within the city defence against the approaching US ARMY. Tiger no. "10" is positioned NW at the N155 , "13" stands in the west near N827 , "12" is in position at the junction of N10/N824. The 2 remaining Tiger II tanks "02" and "11" cover the river LOIRE to the North at the Place le Mail.

15.08.44- A scout patrol from the 3rd Armoured Cavalry Regiment approching from MONTIGNY-LE-GANELLON runs into tank"12". The crew of the 3 vehicles are captured by the german infantry.using the coax mg , 1 Jeep and 1 M8 are stopped. Later "12" retreats to the RUE DE VARIZE.

16.08.44-Tiger "13" is being shelled by US artillery fire without effect.Tank "12" fires several rounds with the main gun to bringing an enemy advance to a standstill. In the evening tank "10" leaves its position tojoin Tiger "02" and "11" at LA MAIL.

17.08.44-During the night tanks "12" and "13" are left behind by their crews. "12" is set on fire. The other 3 tanks drive to the Boulevard Kellermann at approx. 0300hrs. Arrivin gthere Tiger "11" breaks down and is left behind. The other two tanks take the N155 to the east and get to VARIZE in the following night.Tiger "10" then breaks down and is retreived a short dostance by "02"

18.08.44- At approx. 2000hrs Tiger "10" is blown up. "02" continues to make its way towards JANVILLE. Shortly before TOURY the tank suddenly takes a sharp turn to the left ( final drive damage?) , runs over a tree and comes to a stop. Abandoned later by its crew.

from Funklenkpanzer we find the the 5 KTs that were released to the unit were never cleared by Henschel for field use. Chassie numbers ran from 280001-280005 .

There is no evidence ( AFAIK ) that the KTs were used to command the remote tanks. The FkL unit did use the remotes when they were equipped with the Stugs though..several actions..but most of the Stugs suffered battle damage and the company commander was killed.

Hope this is of some help

Måkjager