1st battle AAR

1000 Point, ME, Map- village, small hills, light forest. Nov,44

forces- 2 platoons Allied Inf., 3 Halftracks, 1 Sherman Easy Eight, 4.5 artillery, .50 HMG, 2 bazooka's, 1 Sharpshooter. We had the computer pick forces.

Map- village in the middle, thin trees, and not much cover or elevation. The flag was in the right center edge of the village. There were some trees on that side on my approach to the village and a road that ran to the center of the village. My plan was to load the HT's and put my HQ, 2 Squads, Artillery spotter and the HMG in the right rear corner of the village. Walk my other assets up thru the trees. I put the Easy eight on the left side of the map HD with good sight lines to the opposite side from my infantry. Trying to get a pincer effect.

Action- My EE took out a StuGIII the first turn. That was the only good news the whole game. Somehow he beat me to the village and took out a HT, the squad got in a bldg. Then the Arty spotter and HMG were hit dismounting. I realize, I should not have put either unit up front. Also my bldg's were lined up and he crossed my T, so he brought multiple fire on each unit. I couldn't advance. Then his other StuGIII [late] got my infantry in a pincer and started pummeling them. He was HD caddycorner from my tank. Finally on turn 15 of 20, I moved to attck his forces in the town from the rear with the Sherman. I knew it would come under fire from the StuG at a disadvantage but I was already losing. It did get knocked out and that all she wrote.

What a thrilling experience. I am hooked on TCP/IP. I can see I will not have nearly enough time to play. See you on the battlefield.