Need Operation design help

I am trying to design an operation, and would like to ask a few questions.

Assualt operation, Soviet Def, total map size 3080m x 6000m, battle window size is 2000m, no mans land 480m, operation is 5 battles, 25 turns each.

The problem I am having!!! I have set the battle window size to 2000m. I was careful to make sure that I deployed forces within each 2000m window. However when I try to start the game, units deployed on the 2d 2000m battle map, show up on the Soviet (east edge) of the first map. I have made sure to lock all units.

Questions I have:

Does the 2000m battle window start at the edge of the german map (west) or at the edge of the German deployment zone, or at the edge of No man's land in the first battle map?

Do I need to give each 2000m map its own deployment zone?

Does the number of battles and battle map size have to match? IE: I have it set for 2000m battle maps, and 5 battles. Does it need to be set for 3 battles with 2000m battle maps?

Bottom line is units I have set up for Soviets (defending) on the second map show up on the first map. What am I doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Why would my 2d map units show up on the first map at the start of the Operation?

You cant setup troops to show on the second map. They will get moved to the first. You can padlock fortifications that will show as the map advances though. And you could use a tied to map reinforcement to bring in troops at certain points.

WWB

If you want to simulate a defense in depth, CM:BB has a new feature for operations where you can have reinforcements arrive only once the attacker advances past a flag marker the designer places on the map. Create some reinforcements and select the "from map" option and place the flag.