Default Unit Positions?

Hey all,

I'm making an amphibious assault scenario (simulation of Omaha landings) and I have a few questions. Is there a way to have default unit positions? I would like the pillboxes and fortifications to be in the correct positions unless the player changes them, but I can't figure out how to place them. It seems to me that when I play a scenario that came with the game, I get to choose whether to use default positions or not, but I can't figure out how to set them up in my scenario.

Also, is there any possibility of getting a sand tile for CM1? Green beaches just aren't that convincing. smile.gif

------------------

wako

"All models are wrong - some are useful.'' - George E.P. Box

I'm not sure that I understand. When you go to play any scenario, you will get the option at the beginning to choose whether or not the *computer* will use the default locations or place them where it wants. This is at the screen where you choose which side you wish to play as. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Walter R. Strapps

Correct, but I guess my question is HOW does the computer know where the default positions are? I mean, I assume DEFAULT means that the scenario designer has chosen X as the DEFAULT position to place unit Y.

I can find no way to place any units in the scenario map. I can choose them, but cannot place them. Anyone know the answer to this question?

------------------

wako

Guest Madmatt

Other than the fact its pretty cleary documented in the manual, the correct way to do this is to go into the Map Preview mode. You will see your chosen unit along each edge of the map waiting patiently to be manually placed whereve you like.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-22-2000).]

What he said smile.gif. Easy as pie, it's just like normal setup... wherever they are when you save the scenario/op, that's the default position. Oh, and you can *lock* them in place even for human players by right-clicking and choosing 'Padlock' (makes their base orange).

Cheers,

Walter R. Strapps

Ok, thanks for the help... I guess I just hadn't gone and looked at the map after I bought the units.

However, either I am blind or the manual says nothing about this. It quite clearly calls out how to make a map, choose units and edit units, but it doesn't explicitly state how to place them to default positions.

If I am blind, can someone point me to the page?

Thanks,

------------------

wako

Guest Madmatt

Page 118 in the manual under Preview Mode heading...

Madmatt...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing