Dead HQ unit effect

Why do troops react quicker when their HQ is dead than when there is one out of range? If my troops are scattered i often find myself killing the HQ unit (go close to enemy MG in open ground or similar) to have faster response time, but it feels very gamey to do so. I think they should rework that in the next patch.

------------------

Ron

No pain, no game!

Originally posted by Ronf:

Why do troops react quicker when their HQ is dead than when there is one out of range? If my troops are scattered i often find myself killing the HQ unit (go close to enemy MG in open ground or similar) to have faster response time, but it feels very gamey to do so. I think they should rework that in the next patch.

I would say that it's because if the HQ is alive, then they'll be looking for it to get further instructions, where if they knew it was dead, then they'd know they were going to have to make their own decisions, thus command lag would be reduced because they're recieving all instructions from the squad leader who is on the spot. Of course, they're more liable to break and die, so not a great tactic to use. smile.gif

------------------

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

[This message has been edited by Wolfpack (edited 03-18-2001).]

If the platoon HQ is dead then they can take command from a company HQ.

This is probably what happened, you must of had a company HQ close by with good command attributes.

Don't kill your platoon HQ, it won't help you in the slightest.