Is there a list of bmps?

I am assuming mod-makers are restricted to editing the bmps to create their mods. am I right in thinking none of that affects the modelling? Is this true of the MDMP packs as well?

------------------

Never leave your mind so open your brains fall out.

Guest Madmatt

There is no master list and your assumption about the MDMPs are correct. Mods can ONLY change sounds and textures (outward appearance of some object) they can not change the shape though.

Madmatt

What I wasnt aware of but now found is that the textures are not specific to size.

You're free to change the number of pixels, colour resolution and height/width proportion.

I've now changed the basic grass textures to one pixel with two-colour resolution, to increase speed. Most other basic textures are reduced to 32x32 pixels @ 16 colours.

Just for fun I also made a Black panther. All textures except for the hull side are one black pixel. The hull side is regular size, black and pink 16 colours...

Cheers

Olle

Guest Madmatt

Thats news to me.

While size is not resticted, DPI is. You must keep all textures set to 72 DPI or you will have problems. This is also the cause for some issue when Mac users convert textures. I have tried to check all the mods up on CMHQ but I may have missed a few.

Most high end art programs (photoshop) lets you change this setting without loss of clarity.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeT:

BTS sent me a list of the BMPs the other day. If interested I can send them to you.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't need them personally, but could you post the list here? I'm sure it would help out a bunch of folks.

Currently the only lists I'm aware of online are:

List of BMP File Mappings?

BMP File Organization

Credit where Credit's Due

Obviously they're not complete or perhaps as indepth as some would like (some of the small oddball textures found on various infantry guns and light vehicles may be quite difficult to identify). But it's a start.

- Chris