Converting ASL scenarios

Anyone planning on creating scenarios based on ASL scenarios? I hope so. I doubt if I'll have time to do this myself although I did buy a lottery ticket. I'd love to see some of the scenarios from Yanks, especially "the mad minute."

Well, "Buchholz Station", which is included on the CD, started as a SL map conversion looong time ago. It wasn't very balanced (although the map looked pretty cool. It's amazing what the third dimension does to your flat boardmap). So after getting the topo maps of the real Buchholz station and reading up on the OOB's it changed quite a bit in the end...

WB,

I've done a few already, including our upcoming tournament scenarios -- wink, wink.

DrD,

The maps are easy to translate with some obvious omissions as the ASL maps are alittle more varied in terrain types and buildings etc. OOBs translate pretty easily in most cases - again ASL has more types. The tricky part is balancing number of turns and victory locations. I think one of our testers did the Stoumont Map from KG Pieper Historical ASL and it looks dead one to the historical map.

Terry "T-Mo" Simo

Wild Bill's Raiders

Scenario Design Team