Which side to play in Sars-la-Bruyeres (No Spoilers Please)

So I've recently completed Achen and really loved this small and quick scenario. I played it as the Germans first (which in retrospect may have been a mistake) but had a lot of fun.

Can anyone provide some advice as to which side is best played first and why? I'm trying to only play each scenario once as I think the games tend to be a lot more fun and the AI more challenging if you do this.

So I await your collective wisdom.

I would like to think it is equally challenging from both sides, but I think the US player might have slightly more challenge than the Germans.

Others, I am sure, will view it differently. Hard to call to make for me, Thomas, but then I know what is on both sides of the field wink.gif

And thanks for the kind words on Aachen. Good place to get your feet wet for those who out there who just might be getting into the game.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

[This message has been edited by Wild Bill Wilder (edited 07-18-2000).]

Your very welcome for the Aachen comments, they are very much heart felt. Recently I've not had time for big battles so these smaller battles are most welcome.

I elected to play the Germans before I read your post but I gave the americans a force bonus, I'll let you know how it goes.

PS I was surprised the briefing didn't have a recomended side. Is there a reason you felt you didn't want to do this?