Need Help with advancing....

Can someone give me some tips and ideas on how to advance infantry and armor? Such as in an advance on the enemy. I usually am fine with my armor, but my infantry usually ends up pretty helter-skelter.

Oh, and what type of infantry do you usually buy in small to medium meeting engagenments?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guy w/gun:

Can someone give me some tips and ideas on how to advance infantry and armor? Such as in an advance on the enemy. I usually am fine with my armor, but my infantry usually ends up pretty helter-skelter.

Oh, and what type of infantry do you usually buy in small to medium meeting engagenments?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In real combat you would advance by members of a squad covering each other. One member of the squad would advance on the enemy while the others provide suppressing fire (keep the enemy's heads down by shootin' at 'em) In CM you need to advance with several squads covering for each other since this is the lowest tactical level simulated ( I know wise guys , you can split squads). Have two squads fire on the enemy and advance the third squad. Have the first squad (the one closest now to the enemy) provide suppressing fire and bring up the last squad. It's kind of like playing leap frog , errr...only with bullets. The general idea is to use the majority of your fire power to keep the enemy from shooting at your advancing teams while they maneuver into better positions to kill the enemy.

Hope that helps,

GP

"If you lose contact with the enemy, just turn around"