Exiting tank-less crews

Greetings gents,

Just need a little clarification re: getting crews of abandoned or KO'd (not brewed-up) vehicles off map.

1)I understand that crews that exit off the map edge during an operation are eligible for re-entry, assuming of course their vehicles are recoved and repaired. But what i don't know for sure is do they have to make it to the far edge before games end to be eligible.

Consider a current PBEM game i'm playing. I advance a force of tanks and HTs across the map. As the game progresses i advance farther away from the "friendly" map edge. I then lose a tank near the end of the game, and immediatly command the crew to make for the edge. If he didn't make it to the edge before the clock runs out is he still eligible?

2)In the second game of the operation a portion of the old map is attached to the new map. If the crews were in the old portion that was "deleted" are they considered exited, even though they didn't make it to the edge?

3) In the second game several vehicles were KO'd in the portion of the old map that was used in game 1. Once game 3 starts and the game 1 portion is deleted will these vehicles become eligible for recovery and repair, assuming the crews were exited.

I did a search and had several other questions answered, but not these. Likewise the manual only says to exit the crews ASAP but doesn't specify what "exit" means.

Any and all responses are welcomed smile.gif

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive