Audio is reversed on A3D Vortex 2.

BTS:

The CM audio is clearly reversed (sounds on my left perspective from the 3D view are coming out of my right speaker, and vice-versa) on my desktop PC system, with a Diamond Monster Sound MX300 (basically an A3D Vortex 2 sound board). I'm using Aureal reference drivers 4.06.2041.04. I didn't really notice before until I put in the MDMP-1 sound patch...

Aureal's test applet tells me that left is left and right is right. This is also the first game that I've had that has this problem. Thief/Thief 2/System Shock 2, games where positional audio clearly matters, was not reversed and I did not need to check the 'reverse audio' option in those games.

In any case, in the next patch, could you put in a reverse audio option? There doesn't appear to be any option in the control panel applet to reverse audio.

Thanks.

Follow-up:

Actually, the reason why I didn't notice before was because it doesn't happen in single player, or 2-player hotseat. It is happening in my PBEM games.

After some more checking, It appears it's not consistent, as I can't seem to recreate the reverse audio effect. I noticed the reverse audio effect after processing 5 different PBEM games turns in a row, I noticed the problem in my 6th and 7th PBEM game turn.

(these are not 7 turns of one game, these are 1 turn each of 7 different games).

After some more testing, I can't recreate it simply by loading each pbem file I did today, and running through each once. My guess is that some combination of escaping from the game, and doing the actions of each turn, somehow reversed the audio. In any case, I think quitting and restarting the game will fix the problem the next time it happens.

I am positive, though, that the reverse audio effect happened.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

Did anyone ever find out why this happened? Just asking because after installing 1.12 I started to have similar problems every now and then. (maybe once every 4 games or so, in all types of game (tcp, ai, pbem)). I also have vortex 2 card, so problem probably lies therein.

Topi

I have a Vortex 1 card, the Montego A3DXstream, and have not had this problem yet. I'll make a note in this thread if it happens to me too.

BeWary

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.