Rules of Engagement

I would like to collect the different RoEs that people use when playing. The ones I know about are Fionns and Frankos (if I'm not misstaken). Anyone care to specify these two and also any other that might be around?

If you do have a list of all the requirements of these two then feel free to email it since it might be a little too long to post in the forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

what are the CAL rules?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Combined Arms League over at tournament house has its own set of Fionn's rules on the site that limit other things (most importantly small guns) that Fionn's don't. It's useful coz it's up there for everyone to see, so there are no arguments. It is not particulary complete though.

eg "lets play panther 76 CAL rules plus no flak trucks and limit 3 platoons of SMG squads and 1 flame-producing vehicle per side, and use the end game randomizer, and no crew recon and..." etc...

http://www.tournamenthouse.com/CM/CAL/THCAL.shtml

Tournament house rules are a good starting point, also the people I've played on the TH ladder have all been quite fun.

They're a good starting point. Personally, I'd recommend getting a little creative so every game doesn't end up with a "standard" unit set.

I'm playing a low troop quality, mechanized, computer force pick, meeting engagement and it's really different and interesting.

- marc

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michlos:

Anyone know where to find Fionn's and Franko's rules?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fionn's Short 75, Rule of 76s and recon rules can be found at:

www.Rugged-Defense.nl/cm/cm.htm

I'll e-mail you Franko's Iron Man rules.

Edited because the idiot who wrote this originally had the URL for TH when it should have been RD. All is better now.

[ 08-31-2001: Message edited by: Moriarty ]