Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Artillery frustration

Guest Mike

I can handle hte MPI changing if you can't see teh target, but wouldn't the observer notice if his rounds were landing in his LOS??

Maybe not - battle can be a confusing place, but he'd be able to check - Stop firing now - they stop landing....start firing again..they start landing again!! smile.gif

i can handle losing some ammo to this, but not 3/4ths of my all too rare German mortar ammo!! :(

Originally posted by Mike:

I can handle hte MPI changing if you can't see teh target, but wouldn't the observer notice if his rounds were landing in his LOS??

Maybe not - battle can be a confusing place, but he'd be able to check - Stop firing now - they stop landing....start firing again..they start landing again!! smile.gif

i can handle losing some ammo to this, but not 3/4ths of my all too rare German mortar ammo!! :(

Mike-You-Idiot, wtf is MPI? And what is your complaint here?

Slowly lad - take a deep breath and explain it a little better.

I've had no problems with the artillery - my 81mm spotter racked up 59 casualties.

Steve

MPI = mean point of impact!! tongue.gif

So you pick an aiming point, and then the MPI is the point about which the rounds actually land. In CMBB this can be offset quite a way if the observer can't see the spotting rounds (this was signalled well in advance BTW - it's not a surprise).

So......

I select an aiming point my observer can't see, hte MPI gets offset and the rounds start falling around it - in this case the aiming point was about 400m ahead, the MPI was about 75 me ahead, and a few rounds fell b-dy close to the oserver and some troops about 100m in front of him - the MPI was within his LOS.

The rounds started falling about 10 seconds into hte move, and in the remaing 50 seconds about 40-45 of the 60 were shot off before I could stop them! :(

Sooo Mustard Sprocket, the point is that if the observer can see where the rounds are falling I reckon he should be able to automatically correct them rather than having to wait until the end of the move.

I hope this is simple enough for you - if not, then it's not like I care abouot what you think anyway! :D

And who says I didn't shell my own guys!! lol