New Commando Skorzeny scenario and SSM.

You forum gents(and ladies),

To test-run the SSM (Scenario Specific Mod) ideas we've had for Desert Fox-Desert Rats, I've put together a new Commando Skorzeny mission with it's own SSM.

'Sheep's Clothing' involves Otto's commandos as well as elements of his 150th Pz. Brigade in the first action of 'Operation Greif'. Wearing captured American uniforms and accompanied by hastily whitewashed Panther G's mocked up to resemble a "Shermann" from a distance, Skorzeny's men infiltrated Allied rear areas to wreak havoc.

The SSM will appropriately outfit your Waffen SS commandos in the requisite American uniforms as well mock up your winter Panther G's as disguised, white-washed "Shermann's".

The mod is meant to be used in conjunction with TwoShed's CM Mod Manager, but could be utilized the old fashioned way as well.

I'm looking for playtesters, preferably those who use the Mod Manager (I want to know if it translated correctly and functions appropriately).

Answer here if your interested, include your e-mail address, and I'll send you the .zip.

(It weighs in at about 1-1/2 meg.)

Clubfoot.

[This message has been edited by Clubfoot (edited 02-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Clubfoot (edited 02-12-2001).]

Francesco,

The info I based the scenario upon comes mostly from Otto Skorzeny's memoirs, "My Commando Operations", in which he states:

"...As an interim measure we modified twelve of our Panthers to look like Shermans, so that we might be able to fool the young enemy soldiers from a distance and in conditions of poor visibility..."

The assertion that the 150th's Panthers were disguised as M-10's is an Allied one. The point is moot, however, as he goes on to state that the intention was to make the Panthers look like "...a piece of Allied armor, any piece..."

The later Allied opinion of the mocked up Panthers looking like M-10's simply proves he succeeded to a minor degree.

Clubfoot.

Clubfoot:

Gimme!

paul.cleveland@phoenixdsl.com

Actually, I once created a scenario that has a US Paratroop team that I gave FJ uniforms and weaps. During the scenario, a real FJ squad drops in and if you don't know that the guys you command are American, it looks like Germans against Germans!

------------------

"Nuts!"

-Brigadier General Anthony McAuliffe

[This message has been edited by Sgt Eagle (edited 02-22-2001).]