Deception

I love deception. In real life they used it constantly in a huge variety of ways. But it's always missing from wargames. (Probably wimpy authors wishing to keep their flame-mail down smile.gif )

However CM does allow some limited techniques. Here's a 'freebie'.

Use crews to run around. From a distance they look like 'Infantry?'. No I've never (yet) intentionally got a vehicle knocked-out just to get the crew out of the vehicle and on the ground where they can do some good.

<HR>

For military documents written during WWII check out http://hyperion.spaceports.com/~funfacts/

or

http://www.geocities.com/funfacts2001/

[This message has been edited by Jasper (edited 02-05-2001).]

Baiting opponents forward also works. Get a Priest or two firing at your opponents troops. When he moves a tank forward to collect the Priest, you pop him with an AT gun firing from ambush. It's worked on me before. frown.gif

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Get a Priest or two firing at your opponents troops. ... you pop him with an AT gun firing from ambush.

Why use an ATG when the Priest itself is mighty enough to take out most armour head on?

This has worked for me several times, but the success rate has dropped with the latest ptches, since howitzers are more keen to save their HC 'til they're dead. frown.gif

Cheers

Olle

------------------

Strategy is the art of avoiding a fair fight...

Detta har kånntrollerats av Majkråsofft späll-tjäcker.

On baiting:

I've actually found that baiting works better against humans than against the computer, since humans tend to make a more concerted and obvious effort to remove threats.

A great example of a perfect trap is an 88mm flak gun with good LOS (and therefore a huge danger to Allied armor) paired with a platoon of SMG squads. The Allied infantry comes up to try and assault the gun, and the SMG's tear em up.

On AI ammo selection:

Sometimes the ammo selection is downright stupid. In the last game I played, my Jpz IV was shooting at a machine gun in rough terrain. the Jpz actually fired smoke at the MG, supposedly in the same way that a tank is bracketed with AP before using the tungsten. It wouldn't matter except that the smoke obscured the MG, which got away, and my Jpz exhausted its supply of smoke rounds for nothing.

Make sure you guys are using v1.12. BTS has supposedly tweaked the Tungsten and smoke usage since 1.0, so these issues should be fixed.

BeWary

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.