Carpiquet Airport

Say where did you get the Carpiquet photo? Could you also find them for Norrey-Putot-Bretteville and Cheux? I started a "Carpiquet Field" battle but without the maps, put that one on the back burner. I will have to check yours out.

For those looking for another Canadian scenario, I've got a battle representing the fighting for the Caen-Bayeux Road (Norrey-Putot-Bretteville).

It starts out with a 12th SS attack on 'Putot,' and finishes with a commonwealth counterattack.

At the start the Winnipeg Rifles (A-C Companies) are in 'Putot.'

The 25th Panzer-Grenadier Regiment, 2nd Batallion must cross large wheatfields under covering fire, then somehow get over a railway embankment, and into 'Putot' which sits between the rail line and the highway.

The German vehicles must cross underneath a rail tressle to get into the town. It is a tough attack against the computer opponent at +3 experience.

Also, I have the 12th SS and 21st Panzer attacking the 15th Scots at 'Cheux.'

If anyone is interested in these scenarios, drop me a line and I'll send them off.

andyt@pacifier.com

There was an attack by the Germans on Bretteville at night. That would be an interesting one to reproduce; 22 Panthers with virtually no infantry support fighting in a town against the Regina Rifles.

Thanks

Andy

Grunto

There is a small close combat website that hasn't been updated for years. I forget the URL but it had aerial photographs of the southern hangers. They look pretty messed up from the battle. The scenario is coming along. It will be four battles in length starting right at "Route Nationale 13 (by the railroad tracks). Again I don't know the URL but I found actual street maps of Carpiquet town so I modeled the town after those maps. They could be wrong because these were probably newer maps but.....who cares. I also have pictures at home of the troops waiting around between attacks. Its mostly huge flat fields of tall grass. (I wish this was modeled in CM)

Anyways the battle takes you through the town into some fields and leads into a dirrect route into the airfield. I always play as the germans because it seems more of a challenge. Sending small squads to plug holes is my kind of game.

You were inquiring about a Buron battle. Go find the french CM site and download the scenario titled "Ein Werferspiel". They did a great job it.

Keep looking out for my mods. It'll be awhile because my girlfriends back from Toronto so I don't have as much free time.