Russian MOD

At first I have to say i have no intent of offending or debasing anyone for his work on russian MODs. Andrew's hard working on russian MODs also is appreciated although i dont think hes succeeded in all of MODs released. The early winter uniform for russian is okay. But I think there are still lots of improvements and new MODs for russians should be done later. If there is any guy from Russia in this forum with the least common sense of WII russian uniform I think he could have the same view as mine. Frankly, I just want to have much better and historically accurate russian MODs in CMBB game. I'd rather to make some good MODs personally for you guys. But its regrettful Im not familiar with those graphic softwares. So the work of Andrew and other designers is the only hope for us. What I suggest is they could ask for help from me for dozens of pictures and other stuff I collected for the reference for their MODS. They could email me for those information.

1. Greatcoat and rain cape could be modeled for russians.

2. Breeches and accurate russian officer cap could be introduced in game.

3. Adding new sound pack for russians. For example ,when they attack in human wave, we could hear the roaring of "WULA".

Hofman, the greatcoat cannot be modded because the 3d graphics won't allow greatcoats.

I would, however, be interested if you have any illustrations (ie. not real photos) of the Russian uniform with rain cape (as I now know it to be smile.gif )

Unfortunately I've only got a 56K connection so I can't practically take any huge file sizes.

Ant, I'd be glad to send you some illustrations in zipped file by email. Could u tell me your email address? I also hope the bedroll could be added to russian kits in game. You told me the 3D graphics wont allow to mod the greatcoat. But in DOD ( day of defeat), there are greatcoat skins.

In addition, i wanna mention here that the russian figures in CD cover of the game are in pretty accurate uniform and helmets. I dont know why the things become different when they were put in the game.

That's funny, I could have sworn that e-mail addresses used to be in profiles. Don't seem to be in there now.

My e-mail is Ant_martin@btopenworld.com

Thanks for the files. One caveat though, I've never done a mod before. I'm familiar with the technicalities of it, and I've got picture editing programs but I'm not sure how my artistic talents (or lack thereof) will bear up. I'll definitely give it a go, but I probably won't start it until after Xmas.

I'm not familiar with DOD I'm afraid but I always thought that greatcoats were not possible.

I'm not familiar with DOD I'm afraid but I always thought that greatcoats were not possible.
it Day of Defeat (half-life mod) and greatcoats are not possible. end of story.

send me the pics as well i would like to have them as reference just in case i ever feel in the mood for modding a uni