fear in the fog should be" i've just pissed all over myself"

i've played 4 scenerios so far and won them all. i thought i was billy bad ass. then came fear in the fog. i'm on turn 10 -i lost 3 squads my bazook and my m1919 mg in 2 minutes 12 sec. time to go change my pants. the LT got out of the way.

I played this and one an overwhelming victory as the Americans. I even forgot about my reinforcements for several turns, and still won.

The AI is pretty poor on the attack. It makes no effort to probe, flank, or mass. He just plods along, and marches at your troops, and dies.

Jeff Heidman

Actually, it never plays quite the same, Jeff. I tested it three times and noticed that the AI side did not follow the same routine.

Basically, yes, they are advancing to get off the edge of the map and to take the objectives. Of course.

But I've seen the Panther and other vehicles take different paths to achieve that,infantry too.

This does two things.

1. It creates havoc for the designer. You can push over one battle and have your butt whipped in the next. Fortunes of war, stuck tanks, etc, so much can happen, artillery accuracy.

2. It gives us something we don't often have, an AI that sometimes can outsmart you. This is perhaps one of the greatest attributes of this game once you get past the sights and sounds.

I've tested many, many games, and I've never had as challenging an AI as in this game.

So enjoy your victory Jeff. And JMac, don't feel too badly. It does happen, just as you said. You win three, and one kicks your butt black and blue.

And therein lies the fun and challenge of this game.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

just read your post wild bill. i'll try it 2 or 3 more times. mabey i just got lucky this time. someone once said, once the first shot is fired all plans go out the window.

this game truely completes me. Ooo, hi honey. no no no, that was just a joke. you truely complete me,(as my sub conscience speaks up-you fuc!@#$%^ liar). he he he.

well, its not over till the.....whatever. biggest decision of my military career. i called in a heavy strike right on top of one of my positions. had the 105mm target wide. "bad wiskey, this is BID DUKE 6, i want your drop right on my position. i've got jerry all over me". the price of a few for the many. man war is hell.