Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Dell Inspiron 8500 & GeForce4 4200 Go - CMBB is so slow!!!

This Dell LapTop uses a 1900x1200 WUXGA Screen-Resolution. The current Display used by CMBB is 1600x1200, so I am playing with Black Bars left and right.

Unfortunately, the game is soooo slooooow.

I use Windows XP Prof, SP1, DirectX 9.0b and the latest Driver V6.13.10.4xxx from Dell. The nVidia Page tells me, that I need a Graphics Driver from Dell and that I cannot use one provided on their website.

Any suggesttions are greatly appreciated.

Marvin

Apparently Dell has the 42.58 Detonators up for the latest driver. I can't remember exactly which version of the driver was super-slow, but it may be in that range.

You may want to download a beta driver from Guru 3D (select Videocard Drivers > NVIDIA detonator drivers > on the first page, about the 12th file down is the 44.22 GeForce 4/FX Go Win2000/XP driver). I don't know if the 44.22 will be any better or not than your current driver, but it may be faster. I suggest not using FSAA since that will cause problems.

I suggest uninstalling your current video drivers from the Add/Remove Programs control panel before installing some newer ones. Before rebooting I suggest that you also download and use either the Detonator R.I.P. or Nvidia Nasty File Remover (NFR) to remove all Detonator-related files from your system (so you don't reinstall the same drivers on reboot).