T-34 Turret Slogan Mods?

yeah i was thinking of trying my hand at modding those....though one side of the slogan would be in reverse...but i dont care just as long you take your pics on the side where the words arent backwards...

you have any sites with picture of tanks with slogans? i think i will give it a go smile.gif

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

yeah i was thinking of trying my hand at modding those....though one side of the slogan would be in reverse...but i dont care just as long you take your pics on the side where the words arent backwards...

you have any sites with picture of tanks with slogans? i think i will give it a go smile.gif

well, with the russian alphabet, it all looks backwards to me anyway. lol...

If you're thinking of doing a slogan mod it's possble to use some English ( Latin script ) to simulate Cyrillic script. For instance the Cyrillic letter that looks like a " P " is R. The letter that looks like an " A " is an " A ". " C " is " S ". " L " is " L ". It gets hard when you need to use words with " D " or " F ".

Originally posted by Sirocco:

In the engine re-write I'd like to see these details added to vehicles to make each one unique. Vehicle numbers on tank turrets, for example, would be a nice touch.

They alluded that this might happen in this thread: How has BTS made life easier for modders and benefactors?

Posted by Battlefront.Com: " Having a unique turret side texture, for example, doesn't add too much to the VRAM load. Currently CM's engine can't handle overlays as such, but I am sure the new engine will be able to do this"

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

If you're thinking of doing a slogan mod it's possble to use some English ( Latin script ) to simulate Cyrillic script. For instance the Cyrillic letter that looks like a " P " is R. The letter that looks like an " A " is an " A ". " C " is " S ". " L " is " L ". It gets hard when you need to use words with " D " or " F ".

You don't even have to worry about that. Most decent artistic programs (and even word processors) have available Cyrillic fonts- for free. I have already loaded the font to Corel PhotoPaint (it even came on the standard install disks).

Originally posted by Foxbat:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sirocco:

In the engine re-write I'd like to see these details added to vehicles to make each one unique. Vehicle numbers on tank turrets, for example, would be a nice touch.

They alluded that this might happen in this thread: How has BTS made life easier for modders and benefactors?

Posted by Battlefront.Com: " Having a unique turret side texture, for example, doesn't add too much to the VRAM load. Currently CM's engine can't handle overlays as such, but I am sure the new engine will be able to do this"</font>

slogan.jpg

this is just a test....i will be doing the whole tank today as you can see i added some mud and some rust to the KV...took me awhile to find the bmp i thought i was working on a T34 turret :rolleyes: and it turns out that it was a KV...how do make this hi rez currently im just adding things to the current BMP as is...tell me what you think