About Mega-Campaings (and the CM Meta Campaing)

I was asking myself why the CMMC project was left, too much work? Anyway, there is any spectative to restart it (with some modification) when CMBB comes out? I got CM very late and couldn´t participate in it, I would like to play a role (as a battalion CO or artillery officer, I love artillery :) because my frustration as a KG CO in WWIIOL (is quite different indeed but...).

After this question, I was thinking if there is a possibiliti of add-ons packs to the game (that cost $, off course) like special designed mega-campaings that could be done by mapping teams, with nice info, photos, etc. It should get additional systems to the UI but wouldn´t take too much effort as well as some extra coded things maybe.

I say this all because the fun I have playing SPWaW mega-campaing Lost Victories (and maybe in the future I will buy Operation Watchtower by Wild Bill, I do not like too much pacific combat but if is nearly as cool as lost victories...) I think it could be a nice money input to BTS and the different research&scenario making teams (like the Wild Bill team, that as I have said before have already done a mega-campaing).

What is your opinion about this????

[ April 06, 2002, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: KNac ]

CMMC is very much alive and well, been going on for about a year now. Although it is late in the game, you can always check with the head GM to see if there are any openings. Email me (see profile) and I will send you his name and email address.

[ April 06, 2002, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: jgdpzr ]

It's is still going on. I think that the reason the webste looks outdated is because they are so busy running the CMMC. They also probably have very restrictive rules about players and GM's talking about what is going on so as not to tip the enemy off about things that might be happening they shouldn't know about.

I looked into playing a while back but am kinda new to CMBO and am still learning. I have been doing similar events with the Steel Panthers series for about 4 years now BUT never on the scale of what they are doing in the CMMC.

The CMMC is very much alive...

All the information on the website is "outdated" because of "Fog Of War" which is so think in this game ya can't see your hand in front of your face ;)

Yes there Will be a CMMC2 after the release of CMBB sometime, people are working on that now.

thanks for the anwers. so if i want info about the MC I should e-mail jgdpzr and ask him about the e-mail... anyway it would be cool if BTS can anwer about possible add-on campaings and if tehre is a possibility of doing that...

Yes, KNac, I'll be happy to help you out by email. I'm just hesitant about placing the GM's email addy out here without his permission. At the very least, even if there are no slots available for this one, you'll be in the pipeline for the next campaign effort.

As it stands, BTS' official policy seems to be that they don't have the time and/or resources to build an organic campaign shell into the game. This is understandable as it would likely be a huge effort and take time away from their development of the features that are in the game. I doubt it would be as simple as a mere add-on package for the game.