Buggy movie replay??

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this: In a couple PBEM games, using my Mac against PC users, I've seen an odd flickering of ATV sound contacts all over the board...this is differnt from what the game usually does, at least in my experience. And it's very distraction. Unless it's some odd manifestation of "Oh my God, they're everywhere!" But I don't think so. Has anyone else seen this? Charles?

I use an iMac DV SE, with OS 9.0.4 and the backside cache disabled, and ver 1.01 of CM. Charles, if you're reading this, I can send you a file where I saw it.

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

Yup. I had the same experiance in a CE PBEM. Both of us were playing on a PC, though. I think all of his Shermans were moving and none of my troops had a LOS to the other side of the ridge. At one time I had even a tank sound contact located at the victory flag in the woods on the german right flank. Looked very strange but funny.

Schugger

Yes, it's the "Ohmygod the're everywhere" and they're usually all King Tigers, too. I've gotten used to it-- you have to take it seriously, but also with a big grain of salt. I think better troops are more reliable, but sound contacts usually aren't worth shooting at, except with arty if you have plenty to go around.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye:

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this: In a couple PBEM games, using my Mac against PC users, I've seen an odd flickering of ATV sound contacts all over the board...this is differnt from what the game usually does, at least in my experience. And it's very distraction. Unless it's some odd manifestation of "Oh my God, they're everywhere!" But I don't think so. Has anyone else seen this? Charles?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Buckeye,

The CM manual talks about this on page 81.

Sound contacts aren't definite. All that your troops can tell you is, "I think I hear something over there."

I played a game where my troops were convinced they were being fired on by a Tiger. The graphics for the tank were drawn in all their complete Tiger glory. Half-way through the game, I got close enough to see that it wasn't a Tiger after all - and the graphics for the tank changed before my eyes.

------------------

--

Toad

Ontario, Canada

I know that there are sound contacts. The odd things about this is that they rapidly flicker all over the board...just momentarily, often simultaneously in multiple locations. Like fireflies on steroids.

Is that just part of FOW?

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"