BTS or anybody that has the game...Editor question concerning elevations.

OK, in the editor, when you go around setting the elevations by clicking up or down numbers in the grid from the base number of 7, can you or is there a setting in the preferences that defines the difference between each elevation number?? ie, 1m, 5m, 10m, etc??

------------------

"I for one, am pretty damn close to Genius"--Ol' Blood & Maximus

Yes, it's a global setting that you enter in the preferences of every battle/scenario. Basically, it's best to use 2.5m most of the time, since the elevations are much smoother then. At 2.5m, the max height difference in the game is still 50m, plenty enough for most occasions. Use 5m (for a max heigth difference of 100m on a single map) only for mountains etc.

Even at 2.5m per height difference, it is still possible, of course, to simulate steeper slopes. Simply jump from, say, elevation 5 to elevation 15 from one tile to the other. That gives you a "cliff" of 25m between the two tiles.

OK, thanks Moon, appreciate that. Now I can see how I'm gonna do my neighborhood scenario.

Isn't it strange how all of a sudden the tension level has calmed down since the game is beginning to arrive?

Well, the Postal lady just delivered as I was typing this and I walked out to the mailbox and no CM. frown.gif Darn, oh well. Probably tomorrow then. Wanted to get started on my scenario though. frown.gif

------------------

"I for one, am pretty damn close to Genius"--Ol' Blood & Maximus