question on my Antan scenario....

Sorry to bother ya'll.

but I have a few questions.

I've recieved some feedback on it and just wanted to ask a few questions if any of you here have played it.

**spoiler info**

The out comes I've recieved have seemed to state that it is balanced.

German players say they can't keep their armor alive.

Allied playes say the same thing.

From the allied side some have ask for a couple more houses on their side of the river, to balance out the cover.

Changes I'm considering making are adding houses to the american side, and making all the bridges stone (didn't realize that some tanks can't cross wooden bridges). I believe this will give the map more flexibility.

For those that have played it, I'm asking if this sounds about right. Or if there are other changes you would like to see.

I've only recieved a handful of reviews and would like a little more input.

thanks for your time.

Lorak

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 07-05-2000).]

Guest ACTOR

Lorak - I would have to say that you're right on the money. I enjoyed playing it, but I think the changes you are suggesting will really improve play.

I want to thank everyone here for taking the time to play it and for the e-mails I have recieved.

After reading the e-mails, following changes were made. German forces were given a slight bump. Trees and buildings were added on the allied side to balance cover, and all 3 bridges are now stone.

Thank you.

Lorak

------------------

Guest grunto

spoiler*************

i must have had an easier go of it as amis than some of the others. all three shermans lived throughout and the 3 german main AFVs were taken out by 'one shot, one kill.'

some things definitely went my way. for instance the mg support was fairly good throughout and i managed to empty all three 60mm mortars on germans around the center bridge. having 2-3 shermans dumping constant 75mm fire into the german infantry positions didn't hurt either.

about 5 turns in it looked like a possible cakewalk, then my jeep and halftrack watching the middle bridge were hosed and the germans started pouring across. i was busy solidifying the bridgehead on the northern bridge.

when reinforcements arrived the infantry headed down to seal off the center bridge as the work on the northern bridgehead continued. it was about then that my 60mm mortars chimed in on the germans around the center bridge. that reinforcement sherman also ran over and sat on the northern bridge and simply fired for the remainder of the scenario at the germans on and around the middle bridge.

once the 60mm mortars were done there were 2 mg 1919s ready to move into their firing positions and continue with fire support.

the bridgehead continued to expand and those infantry units and tanks started to envelop the town from the north.

if anything i would give the germans an 81mm FO and not the two mortars. the computer is probably better at handling the FO. i was never under any serious mortar fire the entire game. one mortar got about 2 shots off before the unit picked up and moved straight into the teeth of the american advance... so much for that mortar. the other one was really close to the river when the americans spotted it at the end of the game.

the highlight might have been the two buildings blown by shermans on turn 30.

so this could have easily been more difficult, but a lot of things went my way.

i looked at the german forces afterwards and think that this would be a good matchup for pbem.

also i think that 30 turns is a good challenge for the americans to secure all 3 bridges. when i played the amis took 2 of them.

andy

Thanks Grunto.

I appriciate the Play by play you e-mailed me also.

I tried to design it to play well from both sides. I think on a map like this the AI is at a disadvantage. I leaned more for it to be a PBEM scenario. In that aspect i believe both sides are pretty equal.

I've also uploaded it to TGN's Scenario Depot. I love what they have set up there. Real easy to download stuff, and more important..It is real easy and quick to rate a scenario, and see how it is rated.

I'm not sure who set up the Cgi for that site, but I'm impressed.

Lorak

------------------

Guest TOBRUK

Hey Lorak!

Your scenario was GREAT! Don't change a thing !!

well, I guess I'm a little late for that, eh? too bad....

I've only had time to play as Amis (against AI). I won hands down, lost only the jeep. All Shermans survived and one crossed each bridge! so the bridges are not a problem (even the railway track). To my mind there is plenty of cover on the Amis side; in fact so much that German AFVs crossed the main bridge and got blind sided. Resistance was stiff, and the fighting good. I don't see any probs with the scenario. But now I'll play the Germans and get back to you.

Oh, one last thing: my wife wants a screen shot of your village to use as a Christmas Card!

Guest TOBRUK

Ok, Lorak! I just finished playing as the germans. I got my ass whipped so obviously there's something wrong with your scenario !!! smile.gif

Actually, it was pretty much carnage on both sides. Amis ended up with 1 buttoned tank still alive and more men. Score was 54 to 29 for an Amis technical Victory.

I still think it's an excellent scenario. I probably could have used an extra AT team or something so maybe your revision will help; I'll try it. Nevertheless the loss was entirely my fault, not your design.

If I were you I would think seriously before making any more changes; gilding the lily and all that you know...

Your scenario is simple and elegant. It demonstrates what in science is known as Parsimony. Don't add any more brushstrokes.

E-mail me if you want any more detailed reports. Cheers my friend.

smile.gif

Thanks for the kind words Tobruk.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The changes I made were minor. So You don't have to worry there. I believe it has become pretty balanced, but I will say the americans have the advantage. I think this one would bode well for a PBEM game.

Thanks again.

Lorak

------------------