texture memory problems

emmet

I'm getting corrupted texture graphics when I play the huge operations. I've installed a number of mods to my game and this is most likely the source of the problem. CM will probably be the most sophisticated game I'll have, so I want to know what is the basic system I need. Currently I'm running on a 433cpu,128 ram, and an ATI 128-16mb. I have updated drivers and DX8.1 (the problem is ante/post 8.1). Would upgrading the graphics card, say to a GF2 help? :(

I'm not sure what your corruption looks like. If it only occurs when you have a lot units in the battle, then it may be a lack of VRAM, but I'm not sure on that. If it is a lack of VRAM then a GF2 with 32 or 64Mb of VRAM should be an improvement (in speed and the number of textures that can be loaded).

It may also have something to do with your drivers or which particular mods you have installed. Have you tried the same operations/scenarios on a CM installation without any mods ? Does a certain vehicle or terrain element get corrupted ?

Thanks for the reply. I just finished up the end of a huge operation with no problems. The corruption does occur sporadically. It has a blocky otline with wavey patterns and effcts mainly the terrain although some vehicles have a grassy interior. Yes, I have installed numerous mods (terrain, buildings, vehicles, units) at hi-res. I hate the thought of losing the improvements.