*Updated Scenario: Skull Island

I've retested and reworked my Skull Island test scenario and now it is ready to be played.

Skull Island is part I of my Secret Wars of WWII series, what will become a collection of definitely ahistorical and fanciful battles that describe an underworld conflict that has been overlooked by history books.

Short description:

Type: Alternate history battle in which an elite American force seeks to destroy a secret Nazi base concealing weapons of mass destruction in the jungles of the Amazon. Recommended as double-blind PBEM.

Evidence now suggests that after the tide turned on the Russian front high level German industrialists began a desparate plan to salvage what they could from the third reich, hopefully to create the seeds for another Nazi regime elsewhere.

Using routes through neutral countries and U-Boats, this organization began to funnel resources, cash, personnel and, more importantly, scientific information that intelligence at the time believed could be used for chemical weapons.

After the landings in Sicily, the effort accelerated its pace (at which point British intelligence was alerted). A submarine was found beached on the shores of Venezuela with an unexploded bomb and the parts for tanks, ammunition and chemicals.

Alarmed, American foreign services launched an extensive search of the area and found roads and rail heading deep into the Amazon basin. A flyover then revealed an installation on a tributary of the Tapas river. There could only be one answer: the Nazis had established a secret chemical weapons base in the Amazon!

Get it here: http://www3.telus.net/pop_n_fresh/combatmiss/index.htm

------------------

---

I am Legend

Guest captain,ro

hey pard, im playing your skull island by pbem. whitch is very interesting, but i made a observasion that i think you need to do.if this is supposed to be a jungle setting dont you think that if the weather conditions were wet and raining that it would model the conditions of a jungle better? mind you that imm not telling you what to do. dont get me wrong, its just a observation.

i will let you know how the battle plays out.

thanks ro

Hey, I D/L your Cochon Bridge last night. It turned into a battle of the FOs and with Tanks and AFV jockying for cover tring to get LOS on the targets on the other side of the river (some nice long shots were made) smile.gif

Played as the Allies. In the end had all the flags but one and was closing on that one.(flag in the far corner)Fought to a draw.

(Due to heavy Allied KIAs I think) frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by captain,ro:

hey pard, im playing your skull island by pbem. whitch is very interesting, but i made a observasion that i think you need to do.if this is supposed to be a jungle setting dont you think that if the weather conditions were wet and raining that it would model the conditions of a jungle better? mind you that imm not telling you what to do. dont get me wrong, its just a observation.

i will let you know how the battle plays out.

thanks ro<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha ha. You know what? I never even thought of that! smile.gif All I was thinking was: Damn. I wish I had some jungle textures to package with it. Thanks for the comment. I will change it in the next version!

------------------

---

I am Legend

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonora:

Hey, I D/L your Cochon Bridge last night. It turned into a battle of the FOs and with Tanks and AFV jockying for cover tring to get LOS on the targets on the other side of the river (some nice long shots were made) smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yah, if you are patient, you can suppress enough of those German machinegunners and pieces so that you can rush over and overwhelm the anti-tank. Smoke helps a lot too.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Played as the Allies. In the end had all the flags but one and was closing on that one.(flag in the far corner)Fought to a draw.

(Due to heavy Allied KIAs I think) frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for trying it out. It was my first scenario. I'd like to get back to making smaller but jucier ones like that.

------------------

----

To download my scenarios: go to

http://www3.telus.net/pop_n_fresh/combatmiss/index.htm