Panther "G" TurretFront!?

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

K_Tiger - I'm very interested by what you are saying. Please can you confirm that in CMBB a Hull Down tank will only take hits to it's Turret?

As we all know in CMBO you would often get Upper Hull hits while Hull Down as well, which I was never really comfortable with.

Thanks...

Dont take it as the holy bible, its only my first impression. Maybe its to early to made statements, but to loose all 11 Panthers thrue Turret hits and not a single upper hull hit, was really anoying. Ill try to reproduced it, hope im wrong. Another possibillity could be, if the attackers r on a higher area, hwo knows...

Yes, thats why i mentioed it. The "plonk" exchange between two hull down tanks in CM:BO still sounds in my ears... ;)

Originally posted by K_Tiger:

The most panthers over the curse of the war, were used by non-SS units...

Which would only make sense when one compares the number of SS panzer divisions to the total of Heer panzer div., brigades, and independant battalions that were outfitted with Panthers. While not all Heer panzer regiments were fortunate enough to ever recieve an organic Panther abtl., only the 1, 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, and 12 SS panzer divisions ( anyone confirm if one of the other "friewilligen" SS units had 'em ? ) were issued Panthers.

Cheers,

Eric Tuggle

Originally posted by Jean Lafitte:

How many of you know that the SS armor divisions at Kursk contained NO Panthers?

This is not a well-known fact.

Niether, in effect, did the Heer panzer divisions. According to T. Jentz, in " Panzer Truppen " among other sources, the 51st and 52nd pz. abtl. ( Panther ) were grouped under a special 10 Panzer Brigade HQ for employment in the Heeres Gruppe South during the Kursk offensive.

Eric