Command

Can someone please tell me how I can change a squads command to another leader. having problems with this. Manual says to click unit once with left mouse using shift key. Trouble is how do I then get it to come under new leader.

Frustrated Grognard

If I understand you correctly, I don't think you can actually do this. A squad can't be reassigned to another platoon HQ. If its HQ is out of contact (or out of commission), your only hope is to have a Division HQ. A leaderless squad will automatically fall under the leadership of a Division HQ, if within command range. As for weapon squads, they are under the command of the nearest HQ (assuming again the latter is within command range). Hope this helps.

Yep yep yep to all the above. An additional little note that confused me for a while: A squad that is out of C&C of it's own platoon commander (but the commander is still alive) will still show a black 'out of C&C' line to said platoon commander even if C&C for that unit has been taken over by a nearby company commander. If you click on the company commander, you will see a red line to the squad, showing that it is in C&C.