Snow/mud mod

Hi guys

Just thought I'd mention that I've uploaded a snowy/muddy/slushy mod to the database (http://cm.cozog.com). Its very similar to Tom's Battle of the Bulge mod but I put it together as I wanted a muddier look to my battlefields. While I was at it I thought I might as well make the texture maps a little bit more detailed as well.

Here are a couple of screenshots:

SDSNOW.JPG

Good to hear that a few of you have braved the rather large download smile.gif I thought I ought to point out (just so you're under no illusions) that the mod only includes hi-res terrain and road tiles (and some blanks instead of tree bases). The trees and so on come from a mixture of DD's and Gary Kump's snow mods (which are available at http://www.combatmission.com/

I also lifted some of the winter trees from the CMBB demo as I thought they were better looking than the ones I had (actually it'd be nice to have the snowed on equivalents at some stage too).

I've got a winter water mod to go with this as well but its not finished yet.

I'd also like to make it clear that this mod owes a lot to Tom's battle of the bulge mod so the credit should really go to him.

P.S. Does anyone know if these would work in CMBB? I really must upgrade my system so I can try that out.

Not sure if they work in CMBB - I realized that I had accidentally installed them to CMBB the first time, but I've since restored the files that were originally there. I can maybe give it a try and let you know, but Im not sure when I'll be able to.

BTW, I also use your water mod for CMBO - a great improvement over the default textures! Thanks again.

Originally posted by HeadHunter:

Not sure if they work in CMBB - I realized that I had accidentally installed them to CMBB the first time, but I've since restored the files that were originally there. I can maybe give it a try and let you know, but Im not sure when I'll be able to.

BTW, I also use your water mod for CMBO - a great improvement over the default textures! Thanks again.

Hi Headhunter

I missed this earlier. If you could try them out in CMBB that'd be great to know. I guess they'll only not work if the number of bmps used in CMBB is different but even if that is the case you could just duplicate a couple of the ones at the lowest and highest elevations. (I think?).

Thanks too. Glad you like the water mod smile.gif