Choose-Your-Own-Units vs. custom map

Is there a way to use a custom-made map, but then let players pick the units they want like we can for quick battles?

I wish there was a way we could tell quick battle whether we want to use an existing map or whether we want it to generate one for us.

I find that the city maps tend to be just a couple of blocks surrounded by countryside, I wanted to use the ported ASL mapboard 1 for a quick battle.

Heh heh. January, snow, night time, ASL mapboard 1.

Fog would be interesting too...

TIA

I think that is a superb suggestion, Pat. Currently, I don't think that you can, but it would add a whole new dimension to quick play.

I'll put that on a suggestion list I'm making for CM2. Who knows, maybe there will be a patch one day for this one that will allow that. I like the idea very much!

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

I also like the idea. More than once I've tried to generate a QB for a PBEM game only to scrap it because it favored one side too much to be balanced. And it would allow us to refight on our favorite maps ... much like we did in SL and ASL.

I would also like to request that an option be included for PBEM that would allow a player to see the map before buying units. Oftentimes the map generated doesn't "conform" to the QB parameters. A good example is asking for Moderate trees. In a rural enviornment you'll get a good bunch of trees, but a farmland will result in less, which is obviously because, DUH, it's mostly farmland. But still ...

Joe