Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Upgrading Sucks

Mord

System as it stands.

fully updated Win98SE

Asrock K7VT2 motherboard

Athlon 2100+ XP Processor (suppos-ED 1.73ghz)

128MB Dominator FX5600 Plus Graphics Card by Mad Dog Multimedia.

512 DDR 266mhz Ram

40gig HD.

SB Live

A barrel full of tears, screaming, cussing and outright frustration.

First my processor is coming up as Athlon 1500+ XP

on the boot screen. The speed is 1300 mgz. Not even close to what it is supposed to be.

I went into the Bios and tried setting the cpu frequency to 133 then the jumpers to 133 to see if that would get the processor to normal but all that did was give me a blank screen and a heart attack.

I didn't notice the processor not reading right until tonight which now puts me past the time that I had to return the item to BZboys. I almost think that they pulled a bait and switch on me. 1300 mghz is pretty low just for jumper settings being set at 100mghz. But it doesn't matter because I can't set them to 133 so I am screwed.

My Vid card is going completely wacky whenever I try and run Operation Flashpoint or Battlefield 1942, (stuff I bought just because I have something now that can run them. As soon as I try to move my character he starts looking everywhere in a frenzied motion and shoots his wad of ammo, until I have to hit the reset switch. They are unplayable. atleast with this graphics card. OFP worked fine with my Voodoo 5500 before I switced cards.

I have so much new stuff right now I am not sure what is causing what. Half my programs are giving me fatal error messages when I try to run them. Stuff won't start. It's a nightmare. I have waited so long for this moment, about 2 years, to come, and it totally sucks. LOL just as I was about to test the new system after waiting 3 days for the major components to arrive in the mail I lost my power for 48 hours! It's just been one thing after another. Even ofp came with a bad Keycode!

Anybody have any ideas as to what may be causing the problems with the Processor? Or why my Vid card is acting so bizarre?

I am at a loss and do not have anymore money left to take this to a pro.

Disgusted and tying a noose to the ceiling fan,

Mord.