How about some Italian mods... MVSN winters unis, etc etc...

Hey guys,

Not being much of a modder myself, I was wondering if anyone out there has or had any intentions to make some Italian mods... Most preferably MVSN (Blackshirts) which were separate from the Italian Army and which fought on the Eastern front alot too. (Sort of like SS, and Heer)...

I know there is a "Blackshirt Legion" in there during the correct year so it would be nice if someone could make some mods for them. I don't know if anyone has figured out a way to do the whole trenchcoat thing but these were worn by italian troops of the ARMIR (italian army in russia). Also some white helmets etc etc... I could go on and on...

Anyways if you are intersted i can give you all the information needed about the uniforms I would just like to see some made from our wonderfull mod community!

Thanks!

Actually, talk about Italian mods, I've recently put a set of from-scratch CV-33/35 tankettes into the hands of Tom's Combat Mission, for the vehicle in the new 1.01 patch. An Italian yellow version, a winter white version, and a new Hungarian camou version. I'm really happy with them.

I'm hoping to see them appear on Tom's site soon.

[ December 02, 2002, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

I'll try to scan some pictures from books i have of various MVSN units and uniforms, insignias etc etc... And I'll come up with some guide lines of what I would like to see (not to sound bossy smile.gif )Some winter uniforms would be nice...

By the way MikeT, can you email me those drawings I just want to compare them to what I have. Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for the pics Mike! I really appreciate you taking your time to send them out with explanations and all smile.gif

So, in return I sent you some scans of original photos of MVSN troops on the Eastern Front as well as some pictures of real uniforms from the Eastern front. Hopefully these help. Also... I have TONS of uniforms from the MVSN, and Colonial Fascist troops from the African Campaign, Ethiopia, Libya, etc etc. Just about any Italian campaign you can immagine. All with Insignias etc etc. So if you ever need to make a mod and want specific and accurate uniforms of any Fascist Organization... let me know.

Thanks again

forgot to mention... lets not get confused with the Italian Army in ww2. I am talking only about MVSN troops which i would love to see modded better. The Army ones are just fine. My scanner isnt working too well so i sent only what was already on my hard drive but when i have time ill send MVSN rank insignias and all that good stuff...