Meeting Engagement

Wondering if anyone else has noticed that the AI is very timid when it comes to a Meeting Engagement where it must cross open terrain. Doing the Squad Leader scenario 33 Belated Christmas and the AI must cross open terrain to secure the victory locations but it seems very timid at doing this.

Any ideas or solutions would be great. confused.gif

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by helm123:

Wondering if anyone else has noticed that the AI is very timid when it comes to a Meeting Engagement where it must cross open terrain. Doing the Squad Leader scenario 33 Belated Christmas and the AI must cross open terrain to secure the victory locations but it seems very timid at doing this.

Any ideas or solutions would be great. confused.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not familiar with the scenario, but I will share a couple of thoughts that come immediately to mind.

Maybe the AI's units experience level is too low.

Maybe they don't have the right weapons or right combination of weapons to give them the confidence to press on.

Maybe they are being really sharp and are setting up an ambush and waiting you out.

Maybe they are setting up a flanking move.

Good luck.

Michael

I've gotten mixed results with AI aggressiveness, but you might try (if you haven't thought of it already) adding a couple of extra large objective flags. I've heard that the AI gets a little more feisty if there's a really important sopt (i.e. more than one flag). I don't know to what degree this is true, though... it may be as was already said that the AI is being tentative because of low force strength or something. Is the AI set as the attacker?

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

I played a QB the other night, and the AI (Axis) attacked the flank Victory Location with almost a company sized force, including at least 6 halftracks. All I had there was a platoon with an attached .50cal. The AI came over a hill (seemingly out of the woodwork), and across an open meadow. My .50cal took out 2 halftracks before the mass of infantry overran my little platoon. Definitely no timidity in that fight smile.gif