OS X problem?

CMBB will not work in OSX since the classic rave extensions are not of a high enough version to play nicely with the code. You will need to boot into OS 9.2.2 with the classic rave extensions disabled to play (Mac users please correct me if I misstate the case).

WWB

I still wonder if the MacDX DirectX Interface Library would work. I would think they could then use the DirectX calls in the PC source of Combat Mission and let the MacDX library convert the Direct3D callsto OpenGL. It obviously wouldn't preform as quickly as rewriting the engine for OpenGL would, but it would be a lot easier to to impliment.

Now, whether it would be cost effective, since there would be licensing involved, who knows. I would think only the Direct3D portion would need to be licensed, which would save some money, but there is also the time factor involved of integrating these libraries. It's probably a pipe dream, but it sure would be nice if CM would at least run in Classic.

Ben