Can the Host see the Briefing?

Talenn

Hey all,

Question for the Peanut Gallery, please:

Can the host of a QB (TCP/IP) see the 'Briefing Screen' before purchasing troops?

The client gets the briefing report when they join the game and see what the map conditions are before they buy and that can be a MAJOR advantage.

We just played our first TCP/IP game tonight and went full random for the map and tree coverage etc. The host bought his force after seeing that he was attacking, in Oct 44 in the North. That was all the info he got.

The Client saw the Briefing Report which had: Tree Coverage is Random.

Tree Coverage is Light

Buildings are Random.

Building are Small Town.

Hills are Random.

Hills are Gentle.

It appears that the screen is only supposed to show them 'Random', but its giving the results as well as a separate line.

This kind of kills the point of picking 'random' IMO, especially if only one side knows the conditions before picking their forces.

Does the host have access to the same info (hitting 'alt-b' didnt bring up a briefing screen when in the buy menu)? If not, shouldnt the client be under the same restrictions?

Thanx a lot for any answers on this.

Talenn

Good question. Try pressing the key combination for the briefing (ctrl-b?) while in the purchase screen and it might come up. Other than that, dont use random terrain smile.gif I dont like using random in my QB's. Its better to know what I am getting into before I find myself at 50% strength, infantry only, deep snow and blizzard at night!

Chad

Wow, this stuff gets buried fast!

Chad Harrison:

Thanx for the input. I did try the briefing hotkeys but it didnt work.

I see your point about wanting to set the conditions, but I'd still like Random to be a 'fair' option.

Sometimes its nice to have to build a balanced force without knowing what you'll be walking into. It can cut down on the 'cheese factor' a bit as well.

Has anyone else seen a way to do it in a QB? Or should the client NOT have access to that info before purchase?

Thanx again,

Talenn