Can Gold Demo scenarios be played in Final Version?

Hi. I just got the Final Version on CD (I'm assuming it's version 1.02, but I haven't installed it yet). I want to play Valley of Trouble before I uninstall the demo because I saw that it is not included on the CD. Then I thought, "Why can't I just copy the scenarios into the Full Version and play them from there?"

Anyone know if this works okay?

Thanks,

BeWary

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.

BeWary,

Welcome to CM.

I recall this has been answered already and the answer was no. The scenario files/format of the demo are not compatible w/ the final game code if memory serves me correctly. You might want to try and use the search function here on the board to confirm.

Mikester out.

Well, I have tried the search function, but to no avail. What I have found is that the Beta demo scenarios are incompatible with the released game, but I've found no mention of the Gold demo scenarios being compatible with the Release version. If indeed the Gold demo is based on the code of the released game, I would think it should work.

You might ask: "Why doesn't the git just try it instead of taking all this time to write on the board?" To which I would reply: "I'm at work, what else am I supposed to do?" smile.gif

Thanks,

BeWary

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.

Well, I tried it last night. I only copied the Valley of Trouble scenario into the Scenario directory of the final game since Chance Encounter was already there. Valley of Trouble seems to be working fine so far. I was able to load it and do my Setup fine. It took me into the 1st orders phase and that's where I quit for the night. Hopefully I won't run into trouble later on while playing this scenario.

Valley of Trouble looks like it's going to be pretty hard. This should be interesting...

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Can Gold Demo scenarios be played in Final Version?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES

The Beta Demo scenarios couldn't be because of different file format, but the Gold Demo ones can.

However, any PBEM games from one version to the next won't be compatible due to bug fixes from patch to patch.

If scenarios based on the Gold Code weren't compatible between demos and/or patches then any scenarios written for say, v1.01 wouldn't be compatible with the the upcoming v1.03 patch. Now that would be stupid, wouldn't it???

Yes, Valley of Trouble is compatible with the full version. That was one of the first things I copied into the full version along with v1.01 patch. wink.gif

------------------

"I for one, am pretty damn close to Genius"--Ol' Blood & Maximus

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 07-26-2000).]