Mod "How To" questions

Being a complete modslut, I am inspired by the creations of the community and would like to try my hand at contributing as well. I have been to the Mods and Modders site, which has good info yet I am looking at how to modify CMBB uniforms. I have some ideas I would like to implement as far as helmet and panzer cap tweaks yet I have not found tutorials or site that offer such help. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks in advance gang.

Yo PixelFlesh, sign me up! If you find anything out please share. I'd love a simple MOD tutorial or FAQ.

I too have got the MOD bug, but I'm still looking for an index to and explenation of the various files.

I gather there's a way for "winter" textures to coexisist with the regular ones, how extensive is this? can scnarios specify different texture sets?

Thanks!

Guys, there is no easier game to mod than this one; technically speaking, not artistically. Just open the bitmaps in PaintShop and start tinkering. It was, however, much easier in CMBO due to the smaller number of bitmaps. The BMP folder in CMBB is a monster, and the real trick is telling which files go with what. Fortunately some wonderful soul has already gone through and identified all of the vehicles by bmp number. Go to http://members.shaw.ca/grossdeutschland/modvehicle.htm

But remember--MAKE BACKUP COPIES OF EVERY BITMAP YOU ALTER!!! I cannot stress that enough.