alt-F4 system crash bug

Pud

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out but CMBB will totally crash my win2k system (quite an achievement), ie it reboots, if you try and start CMBB if it is still resident in memory from a previous gaming session.

CMBB does stay in memory if you alt-f4 to close it, they lazy mans exit.

Pud,

There is something up with your system. At the moment, I am running:

2 Copies of CMBB

1 Copy CMBB Demo

1 Copy of CMBO for good measure

With few ill effects. I am running Win2000 SP3 on a celeron 800 with 384mb RAM. I have had as many as 6 concurrent sessions of CM of one sort or another going frequently.

WWB

[ September 04, 2002, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: wwb_99 ]

Pud,

Then don't do that. ;)

Seriously, I just tried doing an Alt+F4 from the CM:BB start screen. Takes the window down but when I did CTRL+ALT+DEL to view the Task List, "Barbarrossa to Berlin demo" is still listed as running.

This is on Windows ME. I didn't try to start another instance without first killing the stilling running process as I really don't want to take my system down that way. smile.gif

BTS PLEASE FIX OR DO SOMEFINK!

EDIT: I tried starting another instance of CM:BB with the still running process and it opened without crashing my machine. However, when I exit the new copy, the first one is still listed as an active process.

BTW, I glad someone else still uses Alt+F4 to shutdown Windows apps. I use it at work all the time and people are always wondering what it is I'm doing to close things down.

[ September 04, 2002, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]

Thanks guys.

Looks like the crash itself is due to my-soon-to-be-reinstalled system (mumble, mumble, bill gates, mumble ...) But that CMBB remains resident after alt-f4'ing does mean it is in need of a fix.

Alt-F4 - the trusty panacea for all windows apps smile.gif