Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Invisible Mouse

I cannot get the mouse to show up on any of the CMOB or CMBB games on my laptop. I can note the mouse moving behind the screen as certain boxes light up if I pass over them.

Both games ran fine on my Dell desktop with ME which I do not have anymore.

My Dell INspiron 2100 laptop has ME and is using a regular Dell mouse with default settings. Video card is a Rage Mobility-M AGP 2X (whatever that means).

Any help is most appreciated...

The problem that you're experiencing is usually an issue of video or mouse drivers. I don't know if you've already updated your drivers from Dell or not, but here they are (for Windows ME):

ATI Mobility M (v. M6.11.107-T16, Dell release A02, dated 6-25-2001)

I'm not sure, but are you using the TouchPad or an external mouse (USB or PS/2) ? If you're using the TouchPad here are the drivers:

Synaptics TouchPad drivers (v.6.7.11, Dell release A21, dated 12-16-2002)

If you're using an external mouse do you know if it mentions "Logitech" on the label on the bottom side of the mouse itself ? Or perhaps Microsoft ? If so, then you're going to need some OEM drivers or possibly uninstall the drivers that have been installed for it and install some generic ones from Windows ME (which should work fine).

Do you have 'animated cursors' for your mouse pointers or are you using any 'themes' that might have them ? I suggest using only the Windows Standard or Default pointers. However this problem usually results in a corrupted pointer rather than a completely missing one.

The following file is the BIOS for your laptop, which might (but most likely won't) update your video BIOS. It can effect other things too, usually for the better, occasionally for the worse (like power saving features or compatibility issues with certain pieces of internal hardware). Be VERY CAREFUL in apply this - following the instructions thoroughly should prevent problems. This file will be the least likely one to help with your problem:

Flash BIOS update v. A08 (dated 3-24-2003)