Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Poison Gas in future versions of CM

I am quite aware that gas was not used in World War II, but all of the nations had large stockpiles of it, and I think it would add an interesting variable for non-historical scenarios.

P.S.

Has anyone else read the Worldwar series by Harry Turtledove. It would probably take a long time to make the new graphics and weapons and such, but it would be pretty cool if it could be done.

------------------

"War is like a cat, it is easy to let out of the bag, but hard as hell to put back in!"

-Me

The WorldWar series is among my current favorites, I'm now into the second "Colonization" book. (something like 7th in the series)

Unfortunately, I really don't think it would work for CM. It might be amusing, but the cheesiness factor would be hitting the red zone... biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, poison gas was used by the Japanese against the Allies in WW2, although this is generally not known. One method was called the "chibi-dan", which was an infantry anti-tank weapon. It consisted of a glass ball filled with liquid prussic acid. They threw it at tanks, it broke on the armor, and the ventilators sucked in the fumes, killing or incapacitating the crew. (BTW, this weapon was of German origin, plans and samples having arrived by U-boat).

The Japanese used a few of these in the Kohima battles, it being about their only anti-tank weapon there. If I ever make a scenario of the later phases of Kohima, where Brit tanks were rooting them out of hiding, I'll give some squads a Panzerfaust-30 to represent this weapon.

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.