I thought i would get used to it....but i can't

Steve,

If you dont like six tube bombardments, you will find nine tube bombardments to be sickening. I just was on the recieving end of one the other night, stopped the attack dead. But only for 4 turns. 2 turns of pain, 2 turns of recovery.

WWB

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure dale and I (or Steve) have a disagreement after all, since I also tend to look at the battle from the higher views. Unless you are using the Iron Man rules, there is no doubt that 3 and 4 are invaluble to discerning the flow of the battle.

My contention that may have been lost in the vagaries of forum communications is that the visceral pleasure of CMBB is greatly enhanced by selective viewing at the lower levels.

My example of the 82mm barrage is based on the effect of those multiple tubes. The peppering my troops received was definitely an experience that was not in CMBO and seeing it arrive at the different levels is just more impressive than what occurred previously. Turning up the speakers and replaying the action at level 1 was simply awe-inspiring and I can think of no rational reason why a CM fan would eschew the opportunity to watch this.

If you were attempting to convert a friend into the Church of CM (Evangelical Branch), one would certainly make use of a level 1 replay and a barrage of any caliber and size is IMMO a great selling point on eye candy alone.

BDH