Indirect Fire Kills

Is there a way to determine how many kills/casualties are inflicted by a particular mortar/observer? When I bring up the kill screen it always shows no kills, however after a battle I go through each unit to see how many kills they (for campaign game purposes) and after subtracting the sum of these totals from the victory screen at the end of the game there is always a difference. I'd like to find out how many kills my mortars are getting so I can give my "Leader" proper credit for the kills to increase his stats. Thanks.

Can't do it. The kills listing is only confirmed kills, so if a machine gun gets a kill at long range but can't confirm it, the kill isn't counted.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

While I agree with the limited information FOW provides during a game, I wish CM would accumulate actual casualties inflicted by each unit during a game and display that information at game end. Such data would give us a much better feel for the effectiveness of different weapons types.

------------------

Airborne Combat Engineer Troop Leader (1966-1968)

I was playing online with a friend, and it seemed that after the game totals were given for casualties caused by artillery spotters, mortars, etc... is this incorrect?

------------------

Don't shoot...let 'em burn! - from opening scene, SPR

Originally posted by MC:

I was playing online with a friend, and it seemed that after the game totals were given for casualties caused by artillery spotters, mortars, etc... is this incorrect?

109G-Thanks for the info.

MC-Yes you get the final kill screen (AAR screen) at the end which lists all the kills for the game, but if you look at individual units and add up the kills they don't equal. An easy to see this is your mortar/arty spotters who drop rounds on enemy in the open or in trees. You can click on the enemy and see their numbers dwindling but when you bring up the individual arty spotter kill screen it says no casualties. I just wish it would break it down for me to assist in my campaign game.

The instance I am thinking of was a situation where I had 4 on-board mortars firing at a mobile flak unit. All my tanks were dead, so my opponent backed up his flak truck and parked it to keep it away from my rifle grenades and halftracks. Our map had a rigeline in the middle and my mortars were on the backside of the ridge, with LOS being provided by a HQ unit in a building on top of the hill. The very next turn I opened up all 4 mortars on this SOB flak truck, and finally about 45 sec. into the turn one of them hit the lucky spot and killed the flak. Now, my opponent surrendered the very next turn and I was able to look at my mortars during the AAR. The flak kill showed up under one of the mortars along with the infantry casualty for the crew (this was the only thing these mortars fired on the whole battle). Without line of sight, how in the heck would that guy be able to tell that it was his shell that hit the flak when 4 crews were shooting a whole mess of shells? So, I think the computer won't tell you kills during a battle if you can't tell for sure (like my 4 mortars) but when it's over it will tell you which one hit, or how many guys they killed over the course of the battle. Iv'e never gone back and added everything up, but from what I've seen this seems to be the case. Anyone know for sure?

------------------

Don't shoot...let 'em burn! - from opening scene, SPR