Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

'Abandoned' Bug or mis-ID'd? (slight Citadel spoilers!)

vbfg

Hi,

I'm playing the Citadel mission as the Soviets for something like the bazillionth time since Sunday at the moment. Two turns ago I was in a really good mood. I've got some AT guns close to the German lines in some reverse slope positions pointing towards my own lines. One was discovered quickly and didn't get a single shot off. The Veteran on my right I thought had accounted for four tanks, two brewed up and two were abandoned. Four tanks for two AT guns, not a bad rate of exchange for my first defensive position I thought. Wait until these fascist bastards see what's waiting for them!

However, one of the abandoned tanks is currently advancing with the rest of its platoon towards my next line of defense. I have warning labels on and the 'Abandoned' statement above it is lending a hand in the advance. Is it abandoned but with really well-oiled wheels (it's currently rolling uphill though smile.gif ), has it been misidentified as abandoned, or is this a bug?

There are supposedly two abandoned tanks but having a quick look around I can only see one crew. No survivors though for me in this area so perhaps I wouldn't see them anyway? My nearest LOS troops are 900m away. Can a shaken crew bail and then jump back in?

If this is likely to be a bug I've still got the game running and ain't gonna touch it for now. I'm playing against the AI. If there's some way I can get the current game state I have to someone who can take a look at it for confirmation please let me know.

On closer inspection it the gun is down and to one side as though it is dead and it doesn't appear to have engine noise. At least, it doesn't appear to get much louider if at all as I zoom in on the suspect tank.

Anyhoo, YHM.

Thanks for the quick response! smile.gif

Fabulous game BTW, I won you some converts at work this week. smile.gif