BFC and betas...the envelope please

BFC and beta testers - the game is out, so - what are your personal favorites and why?

Small battle, armor, combined, infantry, overall?

Large battle (as above)?

Operation from the Axis, Allied side?

Best battle to showcase the new features of CMBB?

Your favorite overall scenario?

Originally posted by Snarker:

BFC and beta testers - the game is out, so - what are your personal favorites and why?

Small battle, armor, combined, infantry, overall?

Large battle (as above)?

Not sure what you're asking with the first two...

If you are asking which operation I liked the best, i'd have to say Magnuszew Bridgehead as the Germans

All of them smile.gif Which changes are you interested in? Eberswalde Last Stand shows off how tanks aren't the boss of the battlefield any longer... that was one of the most important changes for me.

Damn, that's a tough question! I guess I'd have to go with Borisovka Station from either side [censored because Andreas said he'd kill me]

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Not sure what you're asking with the first two...

In QB's you have a choice in type of force - what would your favorite scenario be involving primarily armor forces or combined arms, etc?

Which changes are you interested in?
For example, what scenario best showcases optics differences? Which is best to highlight the changes in infantry tactics? Which scenario best shows the difference between Allied and Axis C&C for armor and ground-pounders?

Originally posted by Snarker:

In QB's you have a choice in type of force - what would your favorite scenario be involving primarily armor forces or combined arms, etc?

Actually, I like unrestricted. It winds up being combined armes, but without the artificial point limits.

For example, what scenario best showcases optics differences? Which is best to highlight the changes in infantry tactics? Which scenario best shows the difference between Allied and Axis C&C for armor and ground-pounders?
Optics... that's easy... Mobile Defense

Infantry... not so easy, as there are several that illustrate different tactical problems for infantry. All require different thinking than CMBO. Some of these (by far not all) are: White Wave, Eberswalde Last stand, The Bridgeheads and Red Parachutes

C&C... any of the early war scenarios show the problems the Russians had and the advantages C&C gives the Germans. Anything set in 41-43. 1943 is kind of a transition period with 44-45 being more like CMBO as far as C&C goes. All the scenarios set in these periods show off the C&C qualities as they are part of the engine and unavoidable. That being said, I'd say take a stab at playing the Russians in Tiger, Tiger and then play the Russians in Message from Goetz (you won't see a big change for the Germans in these.

Btw, all my recommendations are for 2 player, not gainst the AI