14.60 drivers work for Windows 2000

14.60 drivers work fine with FSAA (4x and 2x and none). No scrambled text, even when you hit "ESC" to go back to the desktop. I'm using a Geforce 256 with Windows 2000 Pro SP2 and DirectX 8.

Here's the link:

14.60 drivers for Windows 2000

Things look good for the 20.x series that is supposed to be released this week. I just hope they also work for Windows ME.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dima:

Are those 20.xx the infamous Det 4 ?

If so, how do you know, have you had a chance of using them ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. No, I haven't used them. A coworker saw on a website (Tom's Hardware, I believe) where Detonator 4 (20.xx) are supposed to be released this week. Whether that's true or not, I don't know.

yeah, got the new drivers, graphics during the game are fine, but my issue is when i exit a PBM turn, the "info" box (how to save your game) is completely black, and then the box where you type the filename to save to is also completely black. Since I use numbers for the filename, its a simple matter to hit backspace, and add +1 to the last number used, but it would be nice to actually see again (: Plus "flickery" text (seems to be only white text?) in the lower info boxes (The numerals in the "Turn # of ##" section, and "Buttoned" and "Passenger" come to mind). Geforce2 MX and Win2k, again the culprits. FSAA is set to "let the program decide", setting mine to anything else causes other strangeness (having messed around with it enough to make solid statements yet tho). Personally, I've had the same problems I've had with the last 2 or 3 driver updates from NVidia, and have a friend with the same issue. Never had any issues in WinME, just for the record, and his CM running in 98se works flawlessly too.

I used to do Windows tech support (for MS), and got to do game support for an Xmas, so I know DirectX and dealt with many driver issues...this one is strange, my guess is it's the way 2k is interpreting certain text items in CM, as opposed to driver issues or the "Windows is buggy" cop-out. Changing to a third-party interface (can't remember which one (: ) cleared up some of the odd text issues, which is what makes me think the problem is "text-related". Keep sending in info folks, a lot of good troubleshooting is happening here (: Out of curiousity, anyone with a RC of XP had this issue?

Update: starting goofing off with FSAA, set it to 4x, and it does solve the flickery text (: woohoo! Unit info doesn't quite refresh right still, I noticed the turn timer flashing over the top of some of the test, and some name strangeness, ex. Clicking a platoon led by Sgt. Foxhound, then clicking a platoon led by Sgt. Gray gets me Sgt. Grayound (: Once again, the game works fine, just some goofiness with the text (:

[ 08-18-2001: Message edited by: Mal Elder ]

I'm running Win XP Pro (Not to be confused with the home version) RC2 Build 2526 on my home machine, with ASUS 7100 with the 12.41 drivers and had the transparent text issue, the work around is to minimize and then bring back up, and the text is okay. However, it kind of a pain in the arse. Will try the new drives though.